SAFE FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
The Holidays are, for most people, the most Special and Happy time of the year. Family and friends get together who may not have seen each other since last year or even longer. A truly festive time. But there are individuals who would spoil is special time for you to satisfy their own greed. Fortunately, there are things you can do to lessen that threat.
1. When shopping and going from store to store, put everything possible in the trunk, or at least out of sight. Don’t tempt fate by tempting a burglar.
2. When you get home, pull into the garage and close the main door. Use the connecting door to access the house to bring things in. This is a good idea year round so you don’t find out that someone unwelcome has walked in while you were distracted and helped themselves to your things or worse.
3. If you are going to be gone for a few days and have a nearby neighbor you can trust, ask them to watch your place for you. DO NOT post your agenda on Facebook, etc until after you return. That only tells the world your house is a target.
4. Most businesses and a lot of homes now have alarms. This is a very good idea. But who will come when your alarm goes off? If you have police response, they will come as soon as they clear up other pending calls, but that can take time. Sometimes too much time. If you have a friend or relative respond, you may be putting them in danger. The liability exposure, were your neighbor to be injured, or worse killed, would be substantial. To say nothing of the remorse you’d feel.
5. We would suggest that you have Golden West Security respond to alarms for either your home or business. As a professional response agency, for the past 44 years, we’ve proven how timely we respond. That response is even tracked on the first page of our website.
We will thoroughly document our findings, report those findings, and if necessary, we will stand guard at the location until the property is secured.
We wish you the best of holidays and our hopes for a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.